Friday, April 21, 2006

The Curse of the Pharaohs (#2 in Amelia Peabody series)

by Elizabeth Peters (read Apr 2006)
Purely delightful and funny whodunit. This is only book 2 out of 17 in the Amelia Peabody series. Usually 17 books would be too daunting and would steer me away from a series. After reading the first 2 books I am definitely hooked and glad there are more to come.

Amelia Peabody Emerson and her husband, Radcliffe go to Egypt for an archaeological dig. Of course there's the solving of a murder or two or three thrown in for further interest. The mystery makes this a page turner, but the relationship between Peabody and Emerson is the highlight of the book for me--made me laugh out loud more than a few times.

I highly recommend this series for a cozy escape. Start witht the first in the series, Crocodile on the Sandbank.